Monday, June 23, 2014

Apology to Shri Rajdeep Sardesai

Despite you being one of my favourite journalists, during the time of AAP-RIL spate over KGB, I had mistaken you to have taken the side of Reliance during the ensuing debates. I had tweeted that you had been 'sold out' to Reliance and had also thought ill about you. 

However, this report by Live Mint (http://www.livemint.com/Companies/rqT2Oi8fwv4XVjJcHzlcVN/Inside-the-Network18-takeover.html) shows that you had refused to take sides. The report says that when RIL 'wanted a complete blackout of Kejriwal and AAP' you 'refused, saying it was just not possible.' You indeed did put journalism first, sir.  

For your refusal to have bowed down despite this massive pressure mounted on you and your channel, I salute you, sir. During those debates many a followers of the AAP had written and would also have had thought ill about you, just like me. On behalf of all of them, and also from my own side, I render genuine and sincerest apologies. 

You remain one of my favourite journalists! I shall pray for your wellness. 

Apologetically and with love,
Siddharth Mohan Nair