Sunday, February 1, 2015

As a mark of love, he had a photo of his pet dog in his wallet

Many people have the habit of keeping the photographs of their loved ones in their wallets.
Photographs of one's parents, spouse, children, or that of one's own can very often be found in the wallets of people having this habit.

But today I saw something really touching. My neighbour Mr. Ramdas Menon had a photograph of his pet dog, Bruno, a Pomeranian, in his wallet.

He had been having Bruno for years at his home in Delhi. But when he decided to shift to Palakkad, he could not bring Bruno. It was an apartment to which he was shifting and it was difficult for him to keep Bruno there.

With pain his family left Bruno with a family friend in Delhi and came to Palakkad.

Today, as Mr. Menon showed me that picture of Bruno which he had in his wallet, in his voice I could feel the pain he was undergoing. I suggested him to bring Bruno here, and he has said that he will.

Dogs are lovable animals. Even I had a pet dog, Dingo, a Doberman. The above incident reminded me of Dingo.

He was my Millennium gift. Yes, I got him on 1 January, 2000.

Though during his heydays he was a pro in killing snakes including venomous Cobras, his old age and lesser space to play around when my family shifted to a new home had taken a toll on him. He left us following a snake bite.

Sharing a photograph with him clicked in the early 2000s.